Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Love em, or hate em, it's SECTION 8

The late great Section 8! Both of these albums are amazing. Section 8 is one of my top favorite bands (if not my favorite band) of all times. I couldn't bare to just download "9 ways" so I bought it off of amazon for a whopping $39.99 (good thing too, the price just went up $78 since the CDs have officially sold out and they will never print anymore).
It's easy to see the transition from "Pain is Truth" to "9 Ways" in tuning, and recording quality, but the emotional style they've obtained stays true in both. Personally I enjoyed "9 Ways" a little more, being that I can listen to the whole CD every time without skipping a song, my friend, Jaromy, tends to lean towards "Pain is Truth" for it's rawer sound. They're lyrics are truly spiteful, and honest, and the vocals are almost haunting.
This is a band that you might actually hate listening to them for the first time, but you could come back to them awhile later and go "holy fuck! Nevermind these guys are good".

if you liked Starkweather, then you will probably like Section 8.




Click for share folder. Pain is Truth



Click for share folder. 9 Ways to Say I Love You

17 comments:

  1. Who wants to buy both of these cds. ??? i have then for the right price

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still have a copy of Pain is Truth? I can't find mine.

      Delete
  2. those are some good ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for posting these - I used to see these guys back at the peak of the Upstate NY Hardcore scene - Great live show. I can't believe they are charging so much for those discs, crazy.
    Anyways, thanks again I haven't heard these in years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HIMATTHIALEXDONTUALLHOWSDAVEY.....TELLHIMMARIAHSAYSHI

    ReplyDelete
  5. HEYYYDAVEYNOTHINGMUCHJUSTBEENBORADBEDEDYEAHWHENMOMGETSHOMEIHAVETOCLEANTHECOLSETYEAHMYLITTLESISTERMESSITUP

    ReplyDelete
  6. HEYYYDAVEYWHATUBEENUPTOLLLOLLLDAVEY

    ReplyDelete
  7. HEYYYDAVEYANYWAYSIMGONNATOLISTENIGTOASONG

    ReplyDelete
  8. OKKKKLOVEEEYOUTODAVEY

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVVVVEUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKKKKKKDAVEYdavey

    ReplyDelete
  10. okwelllllloveyourlikemyipodstcuk=replay*

    ReplyDelete
  11. glad our blog is a big familly reunion!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. section 8 is the best band sence bands where made

    ReplyDelete
  13. Track 7 is missing from Pain is Truth

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello, the links was deleted.

    Can you re-upload this albums again please?

    I hope you can.

    ReplyDelete